MAINTENANCE & ENGINEERING MANAGER - FMCG DRINKS MANUFACTURER
"Experienced Engineering Manager to lead plant maintenance team at the UK division of global multinational in the FMCG food/drinks sector."
Salary: c£65-75000 (DOE) Bonus & Car Allowance Blue Chip Benefits
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Bedford, Kempston, Biggleswade, Sandy, Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Dunstable, Luton, Wellingborough, Huntingdon, Northampton, Shefford, Letchworth. Leighton Buzzard, Houghton Regis.
Our client is a well-established UK division of a global multinational manufacturer within the food and drinks/beverages sector.
They are seeking an experienced Maintenance & Engineering Manager to lead a multi skilled engineering team of fifteen, including three supervisors, at their flagship UK site, which employs c120 people.
Reporting to the Plant Director, you will lead a team of electricians and mechanical fitters and process control ensuring that plant equipment and maintenance systems are maintained, developed, and improved within a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement environment and culture. A key objective will be to improve reliability, PPM and OEE.
The focus will be on safety first and zero harm and as Maintenance & Engineering Manager you will proactively champion and promote this safe working culture ethos amongst your team and contractors.
You will lead the daily management of a production critical maintenance department within a FMCG, 24/7 manufacturing site.
Our client is therefore seeking a time served/HND/Degree qualified Engineering professional (electrical and/or mechanical) with a recent track record of engineering maintenance team senior leadership gained within a FMCG quality focused, manufacturing operation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree educated in Engineering
- Qualified in engineering with a good understanding of both mechanical engineering and electrical engineering. Qualifications in 18th edition/equivalent, IOSH, NEBOSH
- Your engineering & maintenance team management experience will be from a very high safety culture, FMCG food or beverage manufacturing/processing or similar environment.
- Experience using lean and continuous improvement techniques including root cause analysis and fault-finding techniques will be critical to success. Change and project management experience will therefore be highly advantageous.
- You will have experience of preparing and managing engineering budgets.
- An appreciation of a wide variety of engineering disciplines i.e. electrical, mechanical, chemical, process control and optimisation will be critical to success and credibility in this role.
- Excellent project management skills are essential as you will play a key role, on capital expenditure projects.
- A high level of IT literacy is essential i.e. Microsoft and maintenance management and process control systems such as Siemens, Alan Bradley etc
- You will be an excellent communicator both in written and verbal format with confidence, strong leadership presence, and technical and professional credibility.
- You will have a demonstrable track record of maintenance team leadership, motivation, and development, working closely with HR to produce competency matrices, training plans, talent identification, coaching and mentoring.
- You will be an adept at engaging at all levels from the maintenance team to senior management within a matrix structure, with well-honed persuasion and influencing skills.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1187124