PACKING PLANT MANAGER
"Key leadership role for logistics and packing plant operation. Experience of electrical and mechanical packing/engineering processes advantageous."
£Very Competitive Bonus Blue Chip Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselburgh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Relocation assistance available.
Our client is a successful producer of industrial products, and this is an exciting role for an experienced site operations manager to take a leading role at a rail fed logistics and packing plant operation serving customers nationally.
Specifically, you will take charge of the operational process for all packed product directly managing the packing plant and palletising operation, via a team of electrical and mechanical engineers. You will be responsible for leading safe operations and maintaining health & safety and environmental compliance. You will also be responsible for asset management of the plant to ensure plant reliability and minimum downtime.
* Ensure the safety of all employees whilst at work through following appropriate systems. Work in collaboration with the safety department to define all safety procedures and ensure implementation. Build a safety culture at the plant.
* Ensuring customer excellence by providing sufficient levels of material that adhere to operational standards set by the business to conform to the European Standard for quality and ensure customer service standards are met at all times.
* Comply with quality requirements while minimizing production costs.
* Ensuring packed product complies with quality standards and that packaging and product inventory levels are maintained to meet customer needs and demands.
* Contribute to the formulation of the annual packing plant operational and maintenance budget and monitor on-going compliance, identifying deviations and taking corresponding corrective actions to ensure financial performance is monitored and controlled in order to meet business objectives.
* Ensure efficient and reliable equipment operation in order to achieve lowest possible production cost. Ensuring low specific energy usage (electricity), whilst keeping reliability of equipment on high side. Ensure maintenance procedures are adhered to, whilst maximizing equipment including materials handling equipment reliability and availability to achieve production targets.
* Develop and implement planned and unplanned maintenance activities whilst maintaining production outputs.
The Successful Applicant:
* Degree educated, preferably in an Engineering based discipline.
* Currently working as an operations or production manager in a similar logistics and packing environment. Experience of the heavy products industry sector such as steel, chemical, minerals, cement, aggregates, glass, construction materials would be useful but is not a prerequisite.
* Experience of managing complex machinery operations and maintenance programs.
* Experience of setting up an effective, highly performing team.
* Experience of managing electrical and mechanical engineers and systems.
* Experience of setting up of relevant quality standards systems
* Highly skilled communicator
* Experienced in managing results, KPIs and budgets including P & L management.
* Focused on people development
* A good understanding of HSE guidelines and regulations, including a NEBOSH qualification
* Currently residing within easy commute of Edinburgh or prepared to relocate - relocation assistance will be provided.