"Third party contract logistics Commercial Strategist & Business Development Specialist required with track record within Ireland, UK & Northern European multi temperature solutions."
€Very Competitive Bonus, Car/Allowance & Benefits including Relocation Assistance
Belfast, Northern Ireland - Hybrid
Do you have a proven track record in commercial strategy, new business development and key account management within the Irish, UK and European transport and warehousing contract logistics sector?
Would you like to apply this experience within a highly successful and well-established Irish business? Then this role could be perfect for you.
We are seeking a Commercial Director who combines contract logistics experience with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong network within the Ireland to UK and Ireland to European marketplace.
This is a newly created role to support unprecedented growth and customer demand, in part due to Brexit and due to planned expansion. This expansion includes the establishment of an additional new warehouse to support manufacturing supply chains across several industry sectors including pharmaceutical cold chain, multi temperature food, hi tech and automotive. Our client has warehousing, and transport operations already set up in Ireland close to the Northern Ireland border and the UK.
To support their future growth, they would like to bring on board a Commercial Director with experience in palletised logistics, particularly between the UK, Ireland, and Europe. As well as developing closer relationships with existing customers, you will also create and implement a sales and marketing strategy to target new customers.
In addition, you will also have input in designing warehousing and transport solutions for customers, so your operational knowledge will be used extensively.
Brexit has presented many companies with challenges transporting between Ireland and the UK. Our client is ideally situated to help and advise customers on how to negotiate the new procedures. So, having detailed knowledge of the Irish and UK transport markets will be crucial to your success in the role.
You'll be based from their head office in Ireland as you will be a key member of the senior executive team, and our client is also happy to support your relocation if you're currently based elsewhere.
- Responsible for developing high-level relationships with new & existing customers, facilitating new business as a result
- Work with the commercial team to identify clients and opportunities for new business
- Develop strong working relationships with key decision-makers in target clients
- Facilitate the solutions design and business development process, supporting and guiding the commercial team with every aspect of senior client relations
- Manage senior client relationships once business is secured to ensure long-term profitability and growth
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market analysis to create detailed strategic business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience within a senior-level commercial role within the Irish Logistics industry with strong knowledge of the European Transport product
- Excellent network within the multi sector contract logistics across warehousing and transport sector
- Proven experience managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Graduate in business administration, finance, or relevant field; MSc/MA advantageous
In return our client is offering a competitive salary and a flexible bonus and benefits package plus the potential for equity.
Interested? If so, to start the confidential process, please submit your CV quoting reference LX 1138147 Telephone 01905 381320