You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
INTERNAL PROJECTS MANAGER
INTERNAL PROJECTS MANAGER
"Brand new high profile and pivotal Project Manager role for construction build/large scale property development schemes. Experience of JCT contracts and contracts/project management experience essential."
Commutable from Heywood, Bury, Rochdale, Rawtenstall, Oldham, Bolton, Middleton, Chadderton, Failsworth, Ashton under Lyne, Prestwich, Royton, Ripponden, Elland
Our client is a market leader, part of a European group. It specialises in the supply and installation of high-quality kitchens for large scale construction build projects including house building, apartment blocks and other residential accommodation. As a result of exceptional growth, our client is now seeking to appoint a highly accomplished Project Manager with experience of contract management within the construction sector including JCT contracts and LAD clauses. As Internal Projects Manager you will be responsible for setting up all project management processes.
The ideal candidate will already demonstrate a track record in project management. This could be from the large-scale kitchen or bathroom or conservatory or joinery supply and installation sector however candidates from broader construction/house building/residential build sectors such as student accommodation or hotels or social housing will also be considered.
Reporting to the Director of Operations you will coordinate with the sales/commercial teams who win the contracts, the internal CAD design team who design and plan the kitchens, the legal and contracts team to ensure that LADs (Liquidated Asset Damage clauses are adhered to at all stages of the life cycle of the construction project. You will have an excellent understanding of JCT construction contracts.
The Internal Projects Manager will be very good at liaising between all parties, managing the projects, ensuring that everyone knows what they should be doing and when, liaising with the CAD team regarding any changes to design. Communicating and updating all stakeholders including and then including manufacturing, logistics and construction/installation teams. Your role will be to ensure that everything is going to plan on time and that all parties are adhering to the plan.
* Liaising with new clients and sales team to get all contractual information over the line including LAD's, agreeing retentions, payment terms and negotiating any points with the client to reach agreement to form the JCT contract.
* Liaison with Director of Operations and other departments regarding site details and involvement in both internal and external handovers with client
* Ensuring all contractual details are up to date and key personnel informed of any issues/changes.
* In addition, the candidate will be responsible for all communication and collating of the contract data, ensuring key deadlines are met and customer expectations managed.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will be a team player, collaborative, good at negotiating contracts, excellent planning, organisation and time management skills. Excellent influencing, motivational and persuasion skills. You will so have exceptional customer service skills not only to deal with B2C home buyers as they select kitchens and B2B with large property development clients and contractors, sub-contractors. You will be confident at presenting to stakeholders and partners at all levels. You will also be comfortable dealing with non-performance issues. You will be experienced in the use of Excel and PowerPoint and SharePoint or similar CRMs.
* Candidates will be educated to at least A level/HNC/HND/Degree standard supplemented with professional construction sector qualifications and training.
* Prior knowledge of the construction industry and contractual terminology and legal jargon.
* Excellent communication at all levels.
* Structured and methodical.
* Able to work well under pressure and achieve targets and deadlines.
* Able to analyse and form new processes and best practice.