ASSISTANT QUARRY MANAGER
"Fantastic career development opportunity for an Assistant Quarry Manager to join a flagship Scottish heavy industrial processing plant and assist with the leading, directing and management of the quarry operational team."
Competitive Salary Bonus Benefits
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselburgh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate. Relocation assistance may be available.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Quarry Manager to further enhance their existing management experience by joining the well-established team of a UK market leader, at one of their major industrial processing plants in Scotland.
The role requires assisting the Quarry Manager with a specific focus on leading, directing and effectively managing the quarry operational team to ensure the delivery of exceptional safety, environmental, cost, quality, service, financial and operational targets. The emphasis will be on continuous improvement of operational efficiencies and performance
Reporting directly to the Quarry Manager, the successful candidate will make sure that the daily operation of the quarry is being run to the highest standards of safety and equipment efficiency.
You will also:
* Assist the manager / supervisors with meeting daily production targets
* Follow SHE policies and procedures
* Ensure Quarry always conforms with safety requirements
* Act on defects and implement remedial action
* Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
* Ensure that plant availability is maximised
* Manage, train and support all departmental supervisors
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous Supervisory or Management experience gained within quarry or similar environment.
You will also:
* Possess good communication and have a real desire to develop your own skills
* Have experience of drilling and blasting operations
* Have experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures
* Have Project Management experience
* Have experience of effective Budgeting and cost control
* Possess change management experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
* Have responsibility to be "on call" via a rota system with the Production team
* Geotechnical level 3
* CPD record (3 years minimum)
* IOSH Managing Safely
* QCF level 5 or working towards, quarry inspections
Why this role?
This role offers an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits include:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Training and development opportunities