You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
"Site leadership role for quarry operations specialist with experience of aggregates, sand, gravel, hard rock, hard stone sectors."
Salary Very Competitive Car Bonus Benefits including relocation assistance
Commutable counties: Herefordshire, Shropshire, Powys, Worcestershire
Ludlow, Leominster, Kington, Ledbury, Leominster, Knighton, Llandrindod Wells, Newtown, Knighton, Hay on Wye, Craven Arms, Bishops Castle, Stourport on Severn, Bromyard, Kidderminster, Hereford, Worcester, Bridgenorth, Telford, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, Walsall
Our client is a major group specialising in the bulk construction materials sector. It is an iconic brand with an excellent and highly successful track record and is undoubtedly regarded as a market leader.
As Quarry/Unit Manager, you will specifically focus on leading, directing and effectively managing the quarry operational team to ensure the delivery of exceptional safety, environmental, cost, quality, service, financial and operational targets. The emphasis will be on continuous improvement of operational efficiencies and performance
* Operating to the highest level of health and safety in line with our client's Health and Safety Plan, whilst also planning continuous improvement in this area.
* Operating to the highest level of environmental objectives in line with our client's environmental management plan, whilst also planning continuous improvement in this area.
* Ensure all statutory legislation and company regulations are adhered to with respect to all operational activities.
* Achieve optimum production levels in line with commercial activity at the lowest operation cost. Continually advance operational improvements to improve efficiency with the production function.
* Liaise with customers regarding delivery and quality issues and ensuring excellent customer service.
* Working with the logistics function to ensure that operational procedures support the achievement of excellent customer service levels at the most efficient operational cost.
* Working with the technical function to ensure that operational procedures support the achievement of excellent quality levels at the most efficient operational cost.
* Ensure that the quarry operational team are adequately resourced are trained and developed.
* Work closely with maintenance team to ensure that assets are in place and maintained to ensure that the business plan can be delivered, coordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
* Ensure personnel are effectively developed and become highly competent.
* Ensure operational control mechanisms are effectively implemented covering all relevant aspects (including Health & Safety, environmental controls, capex management control, revenue spend controls).
The Ideal Candidate:
* Ideally HNC/HND/ Degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering, Mining or Science discipline or equivalent Quarry Management qualifications such as SHE NVQ level4/QCF level 6.
* Diploma in Quarry Technology/FdSc Minerals Extractives Technology desirable
* You will be able to demonstrate a strong operational quarry/unit management background ideally gained within a cement, aggregates, sand, gravel, stone, concrete, asphalt, hard rock, stone or other building products such as bricks, blocks, paving, stone, glass.
* Experience of quarrying, stripping and restoration, drill and blast operations and geotechnical assessment.
* Experience of quarry management at a site producing 500,000 tonnes plus per annum
* Excellent understanding of working within a process plant or a highly regulated Health, Safety and Environmental centric site will also be considered.
* Excellent quarry operational planning.
* Experience of managing both permanent and contract employees.
* You will ideally hold a SHE NVQ Level 4/QCF level 6 as a minimum, DAPS or equivalent; quarry operations related qualifications plus NEBOSH and IOSH.
* You will be able to demonstrate inspirational leadership and the ability develop a team in achieving best in class standards.
* An effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of an organisation and externally with customers and suppliers.