You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Logistics Development Manager
LOGISTICS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
"Great career development opportunity for highly analytical, graduate calibre, logistics/transport improvement, development and projects manager to join market leading industrial manufacturer".
East Midlands (WFH & Office Based)
Commutable locations: Leicester, Syston, Market Harborough, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Wigston, Long Eaton, Kegworth, Coalville, Ashby de la Zouch, Hinckley, Oadby, Wigston, Oakham, Grantham, Lutterworth, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Bedworth, Coventry, Warwick
Our client is a major diversified industrial group specialising in the B2B and B2C bulk and cylinder tanker sector. It is a well-known UK brand and is undoubtedly regarded as a market leader. It now wishes to strengthen its logistics team with the appointment of a highly numerate and analytical Logistics Development Manager to identify and deliver logistics improvement projects.
It has considerably improved logistics performance and delivery efficiency, leveraging an increased roll out of technology to forecast demand, improve supply, vehicle fill and fleet capacity. Furthermore, it has centralised distribution delivery scheduling into a control tower operation ensuring better delivery control and visibility for B2B and B2C customers.
The implementation of several complementary systems has also unlocked significant logistics and distribution performance improvements. The appointment of a Logistics Development Manager will ensure that our client continues to extract maximum benefit from these systems for the business.
These systems also offer the opportunity to handle and process large amounts of customer delivery data to achieve future operational improvements. The Logistics Development Manager, through advanced analysis techniques, will lead the way in identifying improvement opportunities, initiatives, and projects.
* To support the achievement of continuous improvement within the logistics and supply chain planning function.
* Collect, present, and analyse data as required to support operational & strategic projects.
* Identify opportunities for improvement in logistics processes, policies and systems covering inventory, supply, and delivery points; build models for trade-off analysis, and project completion, and to provide ongoing analysis of MIS information as needed for senior management team and logistics and supply chain planning.
* The Logistics Development Manager will act as a Subject Matter Expert for logistics and S & O P systems identifying trends that could improve logistics and distribution performance.
* The Logistics Development Manager will also work alongside senior logistics and business leaders to identify improvement and change projects.
* Work closely with and support operational and IT colleagues, assisting with operational deployment, guiding the projects to completion ensuring maximum return on investment.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Degree level qualification is desirable in numerate/problem solving area.
* Current/recent experience in a transport/logistics solutions design, logistics planning, logistics development role.
* Highly experienced in analysing large complex data sets, utilising them to improve logistics operational and business performance.
* Experienced in translating analysis and trends into logistics business projects, modelling the cost and process efficiency benefits, collaborating with key operational and business stakeholders to present a business case and ROI models for the projects; managing the project pipeline and supporting operational and IT colleagues to ensure operational deployment, project completion and delivery.
* Functional/operational experience in Supply Chain and/ or Logistics from within the Contract Logistics or Industrial Manufacturing involving primary and secondary bulk and cylinder tanker and transport movements.
* A confident personality. Credible and knowledgeable with experience of managing in a matrix management environment.
* Experience of logistics and transport network modelling and logistics cost and operational modelling will be critical to success.
* Advanced Excel skills are a prerequisite. Experience of data extraction tools advantageous.
* A confident personality, comfortable with liaising at both operational and senior executive level within a multinational matrix environment.
* Highly developed analysis, planning and project skills.
* Experience of the transportation of hazardous/dangerous goods gained in an international/European arena would be highly advantageous.
* Strong commercial acumen and excellent attention to detail.
* Experience of SAP or similar ERP systems would be useful.
* Experience of tools such as Paragon, IsoTrak, Microlise, CAST useful.