You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER - PHARMACEUTICAL LOGISTICS
“Time Critical, Temperature Controlled/Cold Chain, Packaging, Processing & Order Fulfillment Operations”
Location: Suzhou, Free Trade Zone, China (Relocation Assistance available within China)
Salary: Excellent + 13th Month + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Transportation Allowance + Performance Allowance + Accommodation (if required) & Free Courtesy Bus to Work + Other Benefits
Our client is the division of a NYSE quoted multinational specialising in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector.
As a result of dynamic and continued growth they are seeking a university degree educated, English speaking and experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to join their large logistics and packaging operation in Suzhou, located in the Free Zone area. Candidates must have experience of pharmaceutical, life sciences or clinical trials logistics operations to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
We’re seeking a highly capable and talented Warehouse Operations Manager with real integrity, drive and flexibility who will want to be involved in building something very special. You will be passionate about playing an active part in continuously improving processes, developing your team and shaping the future of our client’s business
The Warehouse Operations Manager will take day to day responsibility for a team of c20 people involved in order processing, picking, packing, and despatch of pharmaceutical orders to GMP standards.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the warehouse/distribution centre operation meets client and internal requirements. This will include continual improvement and streamlining of the existing operations. Working closely with the warehouse operations team you must analyse and implement practical solutions to improve productivity, efficiency, capacity, stock accuracy and reduce operating costs.
In addition, you will be responsible for coaching and developing your team, increasing confidence, capability and accountability. In your career to date you may also be able to provide evidence of your experience of team development as part of a succession plan within a fast-growing operation. Career prospects for you personally will be fantastic.
This will entail close liaising with the Country Supply Chain/General Manager and internal project teams and excellent team motivation and development, resource planning, stock control, quality and people management skills. In addition, you will be responsible for liaison with major corporate client customers translating their requirements into operational plans and ensuring the highest levels of customer service at all times. The focus will be the achievement of operational excellence
- To manage and direct workload, ensuring staff are performing duties in a correct and timely manner in accordance with GMP.
- To uphold all procedures for goods entering and leaving the respective material departments.
- Ensure that all items are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all system transactions and inventory transfer processes are carried out for all functions within your department.
- Liaise with Senior Operations Manager, Packaging Manager, Project Managers, Quality
- Assurance, and Customer Services regarding any potential problems.
- Working closely with Finance control all areas of expenditure, including labour costs and transport carrier costs.
- You will be responsible for ensuring efficient and cost-effective import and export operations.
- Train and develop all staff to promote a multi skilled environment with improved flexibility.
- To coach and mentor and develop the team to undertake updates of status of clinical trial supplies in the system according to procedure.
- To conduct monthly/quarterly/mid-year/yearly Performance Management Reviews for your team.
- Work closely with QA department in the preparation and smooth conduct of internal and external audits.
- Support business development and sales by active involvement in new business introduction providing viable operational solutions.
- To monitor the efficiency of material flow.
- Work closely with global counterparts to ensure global requirements are implemented correctly in the local Suzhou operation.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- You must currently live in China. This role is located in Suzhou and our client may assist with relocation within China to Suzhou.
- You will possess excellent warehouse management experience ideally gained within a pharmaceutical or healthcare logistics environment including receipt direct from production, for order preparation. The emphasis will have been on work planning and skills set management within a multi skilled operation.
- Experience of quality standards within the pharmaceutical, life sciences, clinical trials logistics sector and up to date health and safety knowledge will be essential. Knowledge of GMP standards is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution, Sciences, or other related discipline, and the equivalent knowledge and working experience in logistics.
- Substantial and relevant experience from a logistics and warehouse operational role covering inbound inventory management/goods receipt, picking, packing, packaging, outbound dispatch and returns.
- Experience of warehouse operations management within GMP standards.
- At least 4-5 years or above of working experience in logistics, warehouse or distribution centre environment as a Team Leader or Supervisor or Manager. Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences or clinical trials logistics or third party contract logistics specializing in life sciences, pharmaceutical or clinical trials.
- Good command of English (CET4 or CET6 preferred).
- Good command of computer skills (MS Office).
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical, life sciences or clinical trials logistics industry
- This experience must ideally have been gained within China within a blue multinational logistics or warehousing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact well with all types of people in and outside of the company.
- Self-motivated, flexible, independent, enthusiastic and driven.
- Customer-oriented. Details-oriented. Teamwork spirit. Ability to work under pressure Communication skills.
- Must be fluent in Chinese and English.